Strike Out Trafficking Charity Kickball Tournament Rules
Please note: Revised the Tournament Section 9.16.14
In the event of bad weather please check our website, Facebook event page, or call us at 816.388.0663.
If the event is cancelled on Saturday, September 20th due to bad weather it will be rescheduled for Sunday, September 21st.
All team captains must check in at the registration table with any remaining team balance and a completed waiver that each player has signed. The waiver can be printed prior to the tournament on our website under softball tournament rules.
Once the players have signed the waiver, team captains will receive a tournament packet and tournament gift.
- Each game will be 45 minutes or 5 innings, whichever comes first. If it is the middle of an inning at the 45 minute mark, then the inning must be completed.
- Umpires/Referees have the final say, no arguing or an automatic out is given to your team.
- Team captains must turn in their score to the pool play table at the end of each game.
- Umpires/Referees: volunteer umpires and referees may be available. If not each team will provide an umpires or referee to officiate in a separate game.
Frank White Jr. Sports Complex Amenities:
- Bathroom facility available
- Water fountains
- Concession stand will be open
- Playground equipment will be open
Frank White Jr. Sports Complex Rules:
- No pets
- Clean up your mess
- No alcohol inside the complex*
- No coolers inside the complex*. Water jugs and/or water bottles are allowed.
Kickball Tournament Rules
- Ten defensive players are allowed on the field: Pitcher, catcher, first baseman, second baseman, third baseman, shortstop, right fielder, center fielder, left fielder, and the extra player (commonly known as the rover and often used as a fourth outfielder).
- Each team must play with a minimum of 3 female players on the field at all times. The catcher position is not included in the 3 female player requirement.
- Every team must have a minimum of 8 players on the field at all time.
- If 8 players are not on the field then an automatic out is given at the 9th kicker spot.
- If there are fewer than 7 players, a forfeit is given.
- Team rosters should have 9 or more players, all over the age of 16.
- The pitcher must start the act of pitching within at least one foot of the pitching mound and must have at least one foot on or directly behind the pitching strip when releasing the ball. No part of the pitcher’s foot may be in front of or across the front edge of the pitching strip.
- Balls must be pitched underhand.
- The pitcher’s mound is set 50 feet away from home plate.
- The ball must bounce or hit the ground twice before arriving at home plate.
- The strike zone is 12 inches beyond the right and left side of home plate as well as 12 inches beyond the home plate (towards the catcher) and up to 12 inches above the ground within the same dimensions. If the ball is higher than 12 inches from the ground or more than 12 inches away from the plate, it is considered a ball.
- Any pitch that falls short of the home plate and does not cross home plate is considered a ball.
- Intentional walking is not allowed.
- Team line-up must be established at the beginning of each game.
- All kicks must be made by the foot or leg, below the knee. Any ball touched below the knee is a kick.
- All kicks must occur at or behind the home plate. An out will be called if the player kicks in front of the plate.
- Bunting is not allowed.
- A count of 3 strikes is an out. Foul balls are counted as strikes.
- A count of 4 balls is considered a walk.
- Any kick landing in fair territory but traveling out of bounds before reaching the 1st or third baseline is considered foul.
- Any kicked ball that is caught in fair or foul territory is considered out.
- A runner touched by a ball while not on a base at any time is considered an out.
- Runners must stay within the base line. Any runner outside the base line will be called out. Fielders must stay out of the base line.
- Stealing (advancing to the next base) is not allowed if the pitch is not kicked. Any runner who is off their base before the ball is kicked will be called out.
- Hitting a runner above the shoulder level is not allowed, except when the runner is sliding. Runners intentionally using their head to block or deflect the ball will be called out, if so called by the Referee.
Ties & Forfeits
- If a tie occurs after the last inning or the time limit, teams may continue play for an additional 10 minutes until one scores more runs in their half of the inning before the third out is made.
- If a game is forfeited — due to the failure of a team to show up, a refusal to play, or not having enough players to start — the score will be recorded as 7-0 in favor of the team that did not cause the forfeit.
Umpires will use the rules that were previously stated and these additional ones below.
- Umpire will use a coin to flip before each game to determine who is the home team and who is the visiting team.
- Umpires will use the following signal for an OUT and a STRIKE: Lifting their right arm up in the air.
- Any ball that his hit and bounces over the outfield fence, or rolls underneath it, is a dead ball and the kicker gets a ground rule double.
- Umpires will be the official timekeepers and will give a 15 minute warning to show the 45 minute time is coming to an end.
- Any base runner who initiates contact with the catcher at home plate will be ejected from the game.
Metal cleats are prohibited: Only soft or hard rubber cleats may be used, along with turf shoes or sneakers.
Kickballs will be provided for the games.
Teams will provide any other equipment they may want.